The winery is looking for people to join our staff for the 2017-2018 season! We are expecting a great holiday season and new year with lots of fun events and need event coordinators and people in the tasting room, dining room, and kitchen.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead guided tastings of Sovereign Estate’s wines and food pairings with groups and individual customers.
- Generate sales by engaging and connecting with each customer to provide informed opinions on purchase decisions.
- Process sales and other merchandise related transactions using POS system, including adding new customer contacts.
- Complete daily operational procedures, including store opening and closing procedures, shop maintenance, cleaning, restocking wine and merchandising gift items.
- Ensure proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety.
- Assist with set-up/tear-down and general service of special events, including private parties, weddings and winery hosted dinners, as needed or required.
- Check patrons’ identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Serve food and/or beverages to patrons; prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fluctuating environment with flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Ability to demonstrate strong customer focused service on and off the shop floor.
- Ability to communicate effectively and positively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to follow instruction, receive feedback and take action when needed.
- Ability to regularly work independently and execute on responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Basic computer skills a must.
- Ability to lift and carry 35 lbs.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Open availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, store openings and closings to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous experience in retail wine industry and/or food service a plus.
- Appropriate Dress and Comfortable shoes required.
- Other Related Duties As Assigned.
To apply, please fill out the standard application.
If you open it in Acrobat Reader, you can fill in the forms and save or print the document.
Standard Application - Click to Download
Return the completed to the winery by e-mail.
We will then contact qualified applicants for an interview.